Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Operation Say Goodbye To My Double Chin: Days Seven & Eight

Hi Friends!

Sorry for another double post - yesterday was a snow day and I took full advantage of the excuse to be lazy. Between catching up on my favorite Bravo series and a Fixer Upper marathon, I just couldn't find the time to sit down and write a blog post. You understand.

lazy animated GIF

But now I'm back! And I haven't forgotten that I promised to update how much weight we lost. I am so excited to report that as of Monday, which was 6 days on Whole30, I lost...

6 and a half pounds!!!  Thats ever so slightly more than a pound a day, which is even better than I hoped for. And of course Chris lost 12 which is insane and proves once again that it's f*cking great to be a man. However, to be fair, Chris had been doing something I hadn't that first week, which brings me to a topic I hate but must be discussed...

Working out.

Everyone that knows me well knows that I. HATE. EXERCISING. I have never enjoyed it, and most likely never will. My body doesn't produce these "endorphins" you all love to talk about it, which by the way I'm fairly certain don't really exist and have been fabricated by the billion dollar treadmill industry. I also have very poor hand-eye coordination and suck at pretty much everything involving movement, so risk of injury and/or embarrassment is always at the forefront of my mind.
girls animated GIF

But, I understand it is a necessary evil and I need to man up if I want to stop that damn jiggle. So, to keep my weight loss momentum going I am now promising myself that I will work out at least 5 days a week. It doesn't have to be anything crazy - if I really don't feel in the mood then just running a mile counts as something, but I still have to actually go. 5 times. Within 7 days. For the rest of Whole30 (and hopefully after). No excuses!

liz lemon animated GIF

I started on Sunday and it went ok. I used to be an alright runner but haven't ran farther than the distance from my couch to my fridge in about 4 years, so I started small and did some intervals followed by some weights. I went with a friend who claims to experience those "endorphins" to make sure I stayed on her schedule and actually did something worthwhile instead of just walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes and heading to the steam room.

pitch perfect animated GIF
That's actually a pretty solid ab workout in my book.
It felt good after, so I went again on Monday, and even got off my ass for an hour on Tuesday during the snowday to pay Equinox another visit. Therefore, so far so good! I am hoping this will influence my weight loss even more and also that I don't tear a ligament.

Now onto the food!

MONDAY
Breakfast:
3 poached eggs over wilted spinach
Deliciousness:
The poached eggs were perfection but the spinach with it was kind of gross and slimy. I keep trying to add spinach to breakfasts and it keeps not working, so I am letting that damn leaf go back to its original consumer.
request animated GIF

Lunch:
Leftover Herb Crusted Roast Beef with a side of
Roasted Cauliflower (just put some cauliflower on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until browned on top.)
Deliciousness:
Yum!! I ended up having to eat the roast beef like an animal with my hands since a plastic knife wasn't cutting it (literally! haha), but other than that it was lovely.

Dinner:
Polpette alla Fiorentina (or as Chris likes to call them, "Meatballs Amazeballs")
Deliciousness:
This is one of my absolute favorite recipes! They take a little while to make but are so worth it - you don't need to serve them with a side, and they have such amazing flavor. Also they only get better with time in the fridge so they make awesome leftovers. I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished product but did take one of the ingredients all together in the mixing bowl, so you can see how much goes into it to create so much more than your average meatball!


TUESDAY
Breakfast:
Leftover Sweet Potato Bacon Patty with 2 poached eggs on top, with a side of fruit.
Deliciousness:
Mmm mmm mmm.
james franco animated GIF

Lunch:
Leftover Polpette alla Fiorentina followed by some Homemade Applesauce.
Deliciousness:
It's making me hungry again just thinking about it now.

Dinner:
Dinner at Marta for Johnny's birthday! I had Lamb chops and Chris had Spareribs.
Deliciousness:
It was really good and so much fun, but definitely put Chris and I to the test when it came to not having a sip of wine, piece of bread, or bite of the birthday cake. Luckily it was such a good group that sitting around drinking water and eating tofu would be the best time ever, but I really can't wait for these 30 days to be over so I can enjoy dinners out again! And by enjoy dinner I mean drink ALL THE WINE.
drinking animated GIF

And that's what I ate! Thanks for reading, I promise to post again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment