Friday, January 23, 2015

Operation Not Fit Comfortably Into My 6'3" Boyfriend's Sweatpants: Day Three

Hi!

Woohoo Day 3 is under my belt!  And I have to say, maybe I'm crazy but that belt is feeling a little looser. I did some research and a lot of people experience this quickly because dairy and grains can cause some SERIOUS bloat, you guys. Basically they turn you into Violet Beauregarde - lets not forget there was creamy tomato soup and blueberry pie in that anti-paleo 3-course gum.


Another positive I've noticed is that I really feel my mood has improved. I'm not generally a negative person or anything - besides the obvious crazy mean girl thoughts that go through my head about slow sidewalk walkers or people that stop on the subway stairs to use their phones I CAN'T - but I have been even nicer than normal these past couple days. I feel well rested and healthy and hydrated and it's leading me to be...cheerful.

elf animated GIF

So basically this is all going swimmingly. Although I did have a little hiccup last night when I was making dinner and desperately craved a glass of wine, but I pushed through it because when you write a blog about your diet and tell absolutely everyone you know about it, cheating just isn't an option. But rest assured that once these 30 days are over it's...


Now let's get to the food!

Breakfast:
3 scrambled eggs
2 slices crispy bacon (I meant to mention yesterday, not all bacon is paleo-friendly. Most of them are made with sugar!
david bowie animated GIF

Upsetting, I know. But I found some at WholeFoods that doesn't use any sugar and you could probably find some at a farmer's market. Just make sure to read your labels!)
Deliciousness:
This is a classic for a reason. It was delightful and kept me full way longer than I'm used to - I'm starting to learn that a big breakfast is key to my success. I lose all willpower when I'm starving so the longer I can stop my stomach from chatting with the fat lady who lives in my head, the better. Otherwise I lose ALL CONTROL.

RealityTVGIFs animated GIF

Lunch:
Deliciousness:
Very! The chicken got even better in the fridge and was a great combo with the mashed cauli and brussels sprouts. Win!
dancing animated GIF

Dinner:
Shrimp & Pineapple Stir Fry served over Lime Coconut Cauliflower Rice.
Recipe: I am so excited because the stir fry is my own! I was influenced by about 4 different recipes that weren't quite right so I took a risk and made something up. It paid off and was one my favorite things I have made so far! Here's how to be a copycat:

Ingredients (serves 4):
1 pound shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined if you can find it)
Stir Fry Vegetable Mix (I bought mine pre-made at WholeFoods, but its generally broccoli, snow peas, peppers, and onions. But you can make your own and add anything you want!)
6 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (Soy sauce without the soy!)
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp tapioca flour
2 cups pineapple in bite-sized pieces

Start by making your sauce and mixing the coconut aminos with the tapioca flour, then adding the minced garlic.
Then cut up your veggies if you need to, and heat a wok or large skillet on high.  Pour in a little olive oil and start cooking the veggies, adding a little coconut aminos, salt and pepper just for flavor on them. When the veggies are about 2/3 done add the pineapple to the veggies, and heat up another skillet to cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes until they are pink and cooked through. Add the shrimp and sauce to the veggie mixture, stir well, and serve over the cauliflower rice!


Deliciousness:
I should probably be embarrassed of how proud I am of that since you all now know how easy it is. But whatever, that sh*t was amazing and you should be impressed.
wow

Well that's it for day 3!  Thanks for reading and come again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment