Thursday, February 12, 2015

Operation No Muffin Top: Days Seventeen - Twenty-Three

Whoa. Ok, so sorry for slacking on this - I would say I've been crazy busy but lets be honest, I'm never really that busy. Unless busy means watching weird documentaries on Netflix every night and being in bed by 8:30pm - in that case I'm sorry, I've been SUPER busy.

So I have to say that I've been pretty happy lately. I feel really good - well rested, energetic, clear headed - and now that I'm finishing up the 3rd week I think some good habits have finally formed. I don't miss drinking at all on the weekdays anymore, and my cravings for chocolate have gone down considerably. I even sometimes really just want roasted vegetables. Like that's what I truly want for dinner. I don't even know myself anymore.
serious animated GIF

Also, I know the last time I wrote I said I would tell you all another positive side effect of Whole30. One of the best ones that I've been keeping from you is that people - and I mean like 5 separate people from different friend groups in my life - have told me that my skin looks great. I have always suffered from a somewhat uneven and blotchy skin tone, but just a couple weeks into this diet it was looking considerably more even and clear, and you know what, I'll just say it - there's a glow. 

So that is a definite plus! Now if only there was a diet and exercise plan that could make my feet less gnarly, we'd really be in business.

On that note, here's what I ate!

THURSDAY
Breakfast:
Banana with Justin's Almond Butter, bag of cashews and raisins.
Lunch:
Leftover Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
Dinner:
Blackened Tilapia Lettuce Wrap Tacos with Homemade Chipotle Mayo

Delciousness:
These were fantabulous, and will definitely be going into the regular dinner rotation. They were so easy, fast, and filling - a triple threat! I just rubbed some pre-made cajun seasoning from WholeFoods all over the fish, pan fried it about 3 minutes on each side since the tilapia was thin, and threw it in a lettuce leaf with some red cabbage, spicy mayo, and avocado slices. Squeeze a little lime over it and it's ready to eat! #obsessed.

FRIDAY
Breakfast:
Banana and a bag of cashews and raisins.
Lunch:
I didn't have anything leftover for lunch, so I got some chicken and vegetables at a deli buffet by work. It was just eh - I spent the whole time I was eating it just really wishing I had made more of that delicious BBQ Chicken. Here's a fun game for all of you readers not doing a whole30 and enjoying alcoholic beverages - have a shot every time I write BBQ Chicken. You will be Lindsay Lohan'ed in no time, and can drunkenly order some BBQ chicken from Seamless. Now take 3 shots!
mean girls animated GIF

Dinner:
Roasted Vegetables in Red Pesto with Bacon.

Delciousness:
This is a recipe dreamed up by Chris's brother Adam, and it is one of my all-time favorites. This was my first time re-creating it on my own and somehow I feel like it didn't come out quite as good as when Adam makes it, but it was still good enough for me to have seconds, so it definitely was a success. And easy too! Just throw together a bunch of veggies - I used red, orange, and yellow peppers, onion, asparagus, and brussell sprouts - with about 4 diced slices of bacon, toss with a jar of red pesto (found with the jars of spaghetti sauce), and roast for 45 minutes or so in a 400 degree oven. Adam usually serves it with a dollop of fresh burratta on top, which is truly amazing, but I opted for 2 poached eggs since dairy is off limits. It was a delight.

SATURDAY
Brunch:
Slept in and had a late Diner brunch! Eggs over-easy with sausage and potatoes. Heaven.
Dinner:
Dinner out with family at our favorite Tapas place. We had shrimp, potatoes bravas, octopus, sausage, artichokes, calamari, and probably some other deletables I can't remember. What I DO remember is having iced tea while everyone else shared a massive pitcher of my favorite sangria.
EditingAndLayout animated GIF

SUNDAY (Day 20!!)
Brunch:
Scrambled eggs with bacon and sweet potato hashbrowns.
Dinner:
Fish tacos again! Are they my new BBQ Chicken? (drink!)

MONDAY
Breakfast:
Strawberry Warrior smoothie from the gym - banana, strawberries, dates, and almond milk. So good.
Lunch:
I didn't have any leftovers to bring, so I just got some vegetable soup delivered.

Having vegetable soup for lunch is basically like having some nice hot air. I was starving about 20 minutes after I finished it, so I had to go downstairs and get my trusty old raisins and cashews, plus another banana. No more vegetable soup on its own for lunch! Lesson. Learned.
Dinner:
Dinner out with our besties, John and Emily! They didn't want to drink either, so we had the cutest little sober dinner at Edwards. Chris and I both had our favorite warm frisee salad with some tea, and it all felt very healthy and relaxing.

TUESDAY
Breakfast:
Strawberry banana smoothie
Lunch:
Hale & Hearty Vegetable Soup with a Chicken Avocado Salad.
Dinner:
Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy (I used chicken broth instead of wine, ghee instead of butter, and Tapioca starch for the flour) with Mashed Cauliflower and Roasted Asparagus. So good!

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast:
Strawberry banana smoothie
Lunch:
Hale & Hearty Vegetable Soup with a Chicken Avocado Salad. 
Dinner:
Adam made us curry! It was seriously some of the best curry I have ever had...the sauce wasn't thin like it sometimes is when you order it and I didn't even miss rice or naan.

And that's what I ate! Sorry for waiting so long to post and then keeping it so short and boring. I promise to not go this long without writing again, especially since I only have ONE WEEK LEFT!!! Wahooo see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment