Thursday, February 5, 2015

Operation Stop The Chub Rub: Days Fourteen, Fifteen, and Sixteen

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to say that I am in a much better place than the last time I wrote. I made it past the halfway mark, and that alone has raised my spirits back up. Looking back on last week and analyzing the dark place I was in, I think I have figured out why those few days before the middle hump are the hardest. It's because on day ten you really feel like you have been doing this program for a while - anyone who has ever done a strict diet can tell you that one day dieting is like 3 days to the average legume, sugar-consuming person - and you still aren't even halfway done. So the weeks seem like they are just looming ahead of you without an end, and the thought of eating eggs on every single one of those days makes you want to cry. But I am happy to say that once you push through it, and force yourself to get past day 15, the sun miraculously comes out again. The rest of this Whole30 seems like a breeze now that I only have 2 weekends left before I can fulfill my dreams of enjoying a peanut butter nutella smoothie. Spiked with vodka.

kristen wiig animated GIF

Anyways, now that I'm no longer a danger to myself or society, I can actually tell you about some of the GOOD things I am experiencing. Due to the uncharacteristic and terrifying rage I experienced the last time I weighed myself...
rage animated GIF

I have decided not to step on the scale again until these 30 days are over. I am now just going to stay on the diet, keep going to the gym, and focus on how my clothes feel. Which is working! I am in a good mood today because I'm wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn since before Whole30 started and am pleased to report that they feel 10 times better. Last time I had them on they were actually kind of painfully uncomfortable, and now they are borderline loose. So...I guess we have all just solved the mystery and learned that the problem is my bathroom scale is broken beyond repair.

happy animated GIF

Another positive I didn't expect was that I feel so much more productive than I ever have before. When you're not drinking or going out to dinner, you go to bed early and get plenty of sleep. When you get plenty of sleep, it's easy to get up early and go to the gym. When you go to the gym in the morning, it gives you the whole night after work to try new recipes, do laundry, catch up on Homeland, read, and start knitting again. This can all be accomplished before 9pm when it's time to go back to bed and sleep 8 hours, until the next day when you have to find more shit to do with your neverending sober free time. I have basically done 3 months worth of endeavors in the last 2 weeks.

So there you go, a couple positives and I have a few more to tell you about the next time I write, just trying not to blow my load all at once here. Until then, here's what I ate!


MONDAY
Breakfast:
I went to the gym around 7, so I just had a banana before, and an apple with Justin's Almond Butter when I got to work. That didn't really satiate me though, so around 10 I had a bag of cashews and raisins as well.
Delciousness:
I desperately needed a break from eggs, so this was the best I could do. It tasted good but fruit just isn't filling, so I felt like I ate a lot more nuts than I should have.

Lunch:
Leftover Beanless Chili
Delciousness:
Pretty good, but without the beans it's not as filling as normal chili. I just realized I wrote about 2 meals not being "filling" in the past 30 seconds. Basically I'm just always hungry. Always.
harry potter animated GIF

always animated GIF

black and white animated GIF

But that just means it's working, right?

Dinner:
We ordered from our old favorite, Edwards. We both got the Warm Frisee Salad, which is frisee, roasted garlic, and bacon with a poached egg on top and mustard viniagrette.
Delciousness:
This is my favorite salad in the whole world, probably because the lettuce is the only vegetable. Seriously, it's amazing.


TUESDAY
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs.
Lunch:
Leftover Beanless Chili
Dinner:
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken made with Homemade Smoky Hot BBQ Sauce, with mashed cauliflower and a spring salad. Homemade applesauce for "dessert".

Delciousness:
Oh my god, this is the best thing I have eaten in a while. That barbecue sauce is SO GOOD. And the recipe makes a ton so we can have this for dinner for weeks if we want to! It was also super easy and only took about 30 minutes total. I am obsessed.

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast:
Went to the gym again, so had the same breakfast as Monday - banana before 7, then apple with almond butter and a bag of cashews & raisins once I got to work. I really need to relax on the nuts.
Lunch:
Leftover Oven Baked BBQ Chicken.  I seriously think I could have this every day. And you will really believe me soon because...
Dinner:
I made the BBQ Chicken again!!! I couldn't get enough. Chris was out at a hockey game so I thought maybe I would use the opportunity to eat something he doesn't like but I do, like salmon, but I decided my true craving was for more of that delicious chicken. So trust me, make that for dinner asap. You won't be disappointed.
food animated GIF

Aaaaand that's what I ate! Hope you enjoyed it because from here on out I will be skipping the portion of the blog where I tell you my meals, since you can just know that they will all be barbecue chicken. Just kidding! Kind of. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment